Maynard Jackson mayoral administrative records: Series C: Third term mayoral records
Series — Box: 1-162
Scope and contents
The Third Term Series represents Jackson's final term as Mayor of Atlanta, during the years of 1989 to 1993; it is also the largest series in the collection. In the beginning of Jackson's third term, a Transitional Task Force was established to identify candidates for administrative appointments and staffing, the creation of departments, organizational structure and policy. Also during this term, Jackson was working diligently to bring the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games to Atlanta. This series contains correspondence which spans the duration of his third term. Of particular interest, the series includes documents related to various City of Atlanta Departments, MARTA, Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport, and Underground Atlanta. There are also materials about notable people and political figures as well as businesses and organizations.
- Office of Mayor, Atlanta, Georgia (Organization)
Materials are in English.
All materials in this collection are either protected by copyright or are the property of the Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center, Inc., and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
81 Linear feet
This series is arranged into two sub series: Transition Task Force and General files. There is also a subsubseries within the General Files sub series, Olympics. This topic was broken out due to its prominent nature and size of materials. Materials within the series are arranged alphabetically.
- 100 Black Men of Atlanta, Inc.
- Abernathy, Ralph
- Affirmative action programs
- African Americans -- Economic conditions
- African Americans -- Housing
- African Americans -- Politics and government
- Arrington, Marvin S.
- Atlanta (Ga.). Dept. of Aviation
- Atlanta (Ga.). Dept. of Finance
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council
- Atlanta (Ga.). Dept. of Law
- Atlanta (Ga.). Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs.
- Atlanta (Ga.). Dept. of Public Safety, Bureau of Fire Services
- Atlanta Business League
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporations
- Atlanta Housing Authority
- Atlanta Regional Commission
- Atlanta Urban League
- Atlantans for Maynard Jackson
- Bell, Eldrin
- Campbell, Bill, 1953-
- Clinton, Bill
- Cummings, Arthur
- Daley, Richard M. (Richard Michael
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.)
- Democratic Party (Ga.)
- Eaves, Reginald
- Franklin, Shirley
- Fuster, Angelo
- Guiles, Zena
- Herbert, Robert
- Hunter, Cecelia Corbin
- International Olympic Committee
- Ivey, Debbie
- Jackmont, Inc.
- Jackson, Paul Dobbs
- Jackson, Valerie Richardson
- Jones, Ingrid Saunders
- Kemp, Jack
- Lewis, John (1940 Feb. 21-)
- Lomax, Michael
- Mandela, Nelson
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
- Miller, Zell
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- National Association for Securities Professionals
- Neighborhood Planning Unit
- Oladelle, Alawode
- Ransom, Bunny Jackson
- Russell , Herman J.
- Southern Regional Council
- Turpeau, Aaron
- Underground Atlanta, Inc
- United States Conference of Mayors
- Urban Residential Finance Authority
- William B. Hartsfield-Atlanta International Airport
- Maynard Jackson mayoral administrative records Series C: Third term mayoral records, 1989-1994
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Jackson, Stacy Jones, Meredith Evans Raiford, Antoine James, Trashinda Wright, Melvin Collier, Carmen Robinson, and Paul Crater, 2009 December.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note