Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr. Collection: Series 10: Financial Records
Scope and Contents of the Series
This series contains financial records for Martin Luther King, Jr. and his family. Statements, charge records, credit vouchers, cancelled checks, and other records detailing the King’s bank and credit accounts. There are bills for utilities, hotel stays, and healthcare as well as tickets and receipts documenting airline travel. The series also contains invoices, receipts, statements, and remittances from various companies.
- Creation: 1935-1969, undated
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Restrictions on Access
Access is restricted to digital surrogates available in Archives and Special Collections Department of the Robert W. Woodruff Library.
Restrictions on Use
All documents in this collection either are protected by copyright or are the property Morehouse College, and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. Permission to consult the Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr. Collection does not automatically include permission to publish from the Collection. Permission to publish or quote from previously unpublished materials or from materials under copyright must first be obtained from the copyright holder. Requests for permission to publish any of Dr. King’s copyrighted speeches, sermons, books or other writings, in whole or in part, shall be addressed to Intellectual Properties Management, Inc., 449 Auburn Ave., Atlanta, Georgia, 30312.
4 Linear feet
Arrangement of the Series
The series is arranged alphabetically.
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 (Person)
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 (Person)
- Citizens' Trust Company (Organization)
- Davison-Paxon Company (Organization)
- Delta Air Lines (Organization)
- First National Bank of Montgomery (Organization)
- Georgia Power Company (Organization)
- Gulf Oil Products (Organization)
- J. P. Allen & Company (Organization)
- Orkin (Organization)
- Thompson-Boland-Lee (Organization)
- Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr. Collection
- Series 10: Financial Records
- Finding Aid prepared by Bridget T. Lerette
- 2009 October
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.