C. Eric Lincoln Lecture Series collection
Collection — Box: 1-9
Scope and contents
This collection contains speeches, programs, flyers and posters related to the C. Eric Lincoln Lecture Series hosted by Clark Atlanta University.
- Clark Atlanta University (Depositor, Organization)
All materials in this collection are either protected by copyright or are the property of the Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center, Inc., and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
In 1982, graduates of Clark College created a lecture series to honor Dr. C. Eric Lincoln, a professor of religion and sociology who taught at Clark College in the 1950s. The lecture series is now hosted by Clark Atlanta University's Department of Religion and Philosophy and features speakers who are prominent in the fields of religion and sociology. The annual event is held in October at Clark Atlanta University.
5.67 Linear feet
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically. Oversized items and audio-visual materials are housed separately.
The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library acknowledges the generous support of the National Endowment for Humanities - Humanities Collections and Reference Resources Implementation Project Grant in supporting the processing and digitization of a number of its major archival collections as part of the project: Spreading the Word: Expanding Access to African American Religious Archival Collections at the Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
- Cone, James H. (Person)
- Lincoln, C. Eric (Charles Eric) (Person)
- Franklin, John Hope (Person)
- McClain, William B. (Person)
- Newsome, Clarence G. (Clarence Geno) (Person)
- Hilliard, Asa G., III (Person)
- Mamiya, Lawrence H. (Person)
- Raboteau, Albert J. (Person)
- West, Cornel (Cornel Ronald) (Person)
- Russell-McCloud, Patricia (Person)
- Silber, John (Person)
- Taylor, Gardner C. (Person)
- C. Eric Lincoln Lecture Series collection, 1983-2016
- Finding aid prepared by Allison Galloup, edited by Jessica Leming (2016).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note