Atlanta Community Relations Commission collection
This collection consists of records generated by Eliza Paschall and the Atlanta Community Relations Commission during her year as Executive Director of the ACRC. The bulk of the collection is research materials gathered by Paschall and the ACRA to support their work in the community. The files contain reports and statistics that document such things as employment discrimination, police action in the Dixie Hills Riots, and desegregation efforts in the public schools. Of special interest are the studies which survey the conditions of Atlanta's disadvantaged neighborhoods. The correspondence is to and from some of the leadings politicos and civil rights organizations in Atlanta regarding the discriminatory policy of the "Wren's Nest" historic site in the "City of Atlanta" file. Included are letters of congratulations on Paschall's appointment to the Commission, and letters of support in response to the rumor of her dismissal (more lettters of support are in the Correspondence file for Irving Kaler, the Chairman of the ACRC during Paschall's tenure).
Also included in this collection are a few earlier records created when Paschall was Executive Director of the Council of Human Relations of Greater Atlanta. These consist mainly of her articles for the >Atlanta Inquirer, press releases, and a few letters.
- Majority of material found within 1967 - 1968
- Paschall, Eliza K. (Eliza King) (Person)
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
- African Americans -- Civil rights
- African Americans -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Housing
- Atlanta (Ga.)-Race relations
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission -- Administration
- Civil rights -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Community organization -- Georgia.
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Greater Atlanta Council on Human Relations -- Administration
- Race relations -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- School integration -- Georgia
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission collection, 1960-1968
- Finding aid prepared by R. Michael Brubaker and Cathy Lynn Mundale, 2002 June.
- Description rules
- Language of description