Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and contents The Atlanta University Published and Printed Materials are series 27-33 of the Atlanta University Archives. It encompasses approximately 700 volumes in 7 publications, and over 500 other pamphlets, leaflets and brochures. The material dates from 1867 to 1992. Although the holdings are extensive, the only title that contains a complete set of issues is the Atlanta University Publications. The publication chronicles University events through articles,...
Collection — Box: 1-35
Scope note Virginia Lacy Jones (b. 1912 - d. 1984) was a librarian, educator, author, and – among library educators – known as "the Dean of Deans." She dedicated almost fifty years of her life to the library profession, thirty-six of which she spent as Dean of the School of Library Service at Atlanta University (now Clark Atlanta University). Her career began at Atlanta University in 1939 as Catalog Librarian in Trevor Arnett Library. Dr. Rufus Clement, President of Atlanta University invited...
Dates: 1912-1985; Majority of material found within 1970 - 1980
- African American Pentecostals 1
- African American educators 1
- African American scholars 1
- African American sociologists 1
- African American women 1
- American Library Association 1
- Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 1
- Atlanta University. School of Library and Information Studies 1
- Bowman, Leila 1
- DuBois, W.E.B. (William Edward Burghardt), a. 1