Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Box: 1-3
Scope and contents This small collection of ephemera provides a glimpse of the involvement in the civil rights movement by students from the Atlanta University Center schools - Atlanta University, Gammon Theological Seminary, and Clark, Morehouse, Morris Brown, and Spelman Colleges. The collection includes newspaper and journal articles, flyers, reports, and correspondence by and about students from the AUC schools and a few items about student activities in other areas in the United States. There are also...
Collection — Box: 1-7
Scope and contents This collection documents the work of Major J. Jones, United Methodist Minister, theologian, and President of the Gammon Theological Seminary (Atlanta, Ga.) for the years 1969-1986. The bulk of the material is writings by Jones, including articles, conference papers, lectures and sermons; some materials are related to the administration of Gammon and its parent school, the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC).There is also a large amount of material related to a...
- African American clergy 1
- African American educators 1
- African American student movements 1
- African Americans--Civil rights 1
- African Americans--Education 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library 1
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jones, Major J. 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1