Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Series — Box: 1-149
Scope and contents The First and second mayoral terms series documents Jackson’s ascension as the first African American mayor of Atlanta. Arranged in alphabetical order, this series chronicles Jackson’s political life between the years of 1973 and 1981. Notable achievements within this series include the formation of the city council, his efforts towards the revitalization of Atlanta’s neighborhoods, and mandating inclusion of Blacks in the city’s growing economic development. Major business deals Jackson...
Series — Box: 1-60
Scope and Contents The Photograph series contains over 10,000 photographs taken at many local functions during Maynard Jackson's Mayoral Terms - from 1974 to 1982, and again from 1990 to 1994 - as well as photographs of his international travels. The photographs series also contains photographs of Maynard Jackson with many city, state, and federal officials, a number of foreign officials, many local groups, and a number of celebrities and noted individuals. There are groupings of unidentified photographs...
Collection — Box: 1-3
Scope and contents The Maurice Pennington political cartoon collection contains sketches of his political cartoons drawn for the Atlanta Inquirer, some original artwork, articles and programs from exhibitions. Most of the works were created during the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s.
Dates: 1957, 1962, 1997, undated
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and contents This collection contains photographs of people, events and places in Atlanta, Georgia. Included are photographs of Henry "Hank" Aaron, Hosea Williams at the sanitation workers stike, Jesse Jackson at the March Against Repression, Martin Luther King, Jr. at the barber shop and photos of the funeral procession for Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Names: King, Coretta Scott X
- African Americans -- Politics and government 3
- African American press 2
- African Americans--Civil rights 2
- Atlanta Region (Ga.) -- Race relations. 2
- African American Pentecostals 1
- African American arts 1
- African American newspapers 1
- African American periodicals 1
- African American student movements 1
- African Americans -- Segregation 1
- Atlanta (Ga.)-Race relations 1
- Budget 1
- Cartoons, Political -- United States. 1
- Crime 1
- Georgia 1
- News 1
- Olympics 1
- Race relations -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Race relations -- United States 1
- Racism. 1
- Voter Registration 1 ∧ less