Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Box: 1-3
Scope and contents This small collection provides documentation about some of the organizations with which Mr. Parks was affiliated and reveals some insight into African American community life in Atlanta during the period 1925-1973. The collection includes reports, programs, minutes, by-laws, funeral programs, news articles, and newsletters. There are small amounts materials about the Ashby Grove and Camilla Street Community Club, the Lincoln Golf and Country Club, and the Shoe Service Men of Georgia. The...
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents The David Roberts oral history collection was created by Roberts, an Atlanta University student, in the summer of 1973. The interviews were for a history seminar taught by Dr.Clarence Bacote (HIS 406: Introductory Graduate Course in United States History). Roberts interviewed members of Atlanta’s African-American community who were born in the late 19th century. Most of the subjects were Georgia natives and a few were graduates of Atlanta University Center schools. He asked them to discuss...
- Names: Parks, Andrew Walter X
- African American Baptists 1
- African American business enterprises 1
- African American clergy 1
- African American universities and colleges 1
- African Americans--Religion 1
- Amos, Miles G., 1898-1995 1
- Carter, Leona Florence, 1887- 1
- Flanagan, Thomas Jefferson 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- King, Martin Luther, Sr., 1899-1984 1