Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 28
Collection — Box: 1-15, 1-149, 1-162, 1-92, 1-143, 1-60
Scope and contents The Maynard Jackson mayoral administrative records are extensive and consist of materials spanning the years 1968 to 1994.Arranged alphabetically, the Vice Mayoral records is a small series consisting mostly of newspaper clippings, correspondence and committee updates. The First and Second Term Mayoral records consist of three subseries: General files; Atlanta Child Murders; and Oversized materials. The General files subseries includes correspondence, proclamations, daily schedules,...
Collection — Box: 1-28
Scope and contents Joseph Lowery on behalf of the residents of Johnsontown worked to ensure that they were treated fairly. In addition, he requested that MARTA document the site on which Johnsontown was located for historical prosperity. Therefore, in 1982 MARTA contracted The History Group Inc., to perform archaelogical work to document the history of the Johnsontown Neighborhood located in the Northern region of Atlanta, Georgia near Buckhead.The collection dates spans the years from 1971 to...
Collection — Box: 1-415
Scope and contents The C. Eric Lincoln collection (1909-2000) documents the life's work of the leading scholar on the Black Church and Black Religion in the United States. As a sociologist of religion, Dr. Lincoln is the co-author of the definitive study on the Black Church in America, a massive fourteen year inquiry into the most important institution in the African American community. Dr. Lincoln's career,. however, was not exclusively devoted to writing about the Black Church. In 1961, his doctoral...
Collection — Box: 1-9
Scope and contents This collection contains speeches, programs, flyers and posters related to the C. Eric Lincoln Lecture Series hosted by Clark Atlanta University.
Collection — Box: 1-69
Scope and contents The Benjamin E. Mays papers include files from his work at the Atlanta Public Schools Board of Education. There are also materials related to his presidency at Morehouse, writings by Mays and others, organizational records and financial materials. There are a few photographs, including several of Dr. Mays with former President Jimmy Carter and former first lady Rosalyn Carter.Of note in the collection are newsclippings and files related to desegregation. These files include...
Collection — Box: 1-43
Scope and contents This collection contains the minutes of the meetings of Baptist Conventions across the state of Georgia.
Scope and Contents of the Collection The series consists of magazines, journals, newspapers, pamphlets, brochures, event programs, newsletters, press releases, newspaper clippings and various ephemera, primarily related to Martin Luther King, Jr. and his work as a leader in the Civil Rights Movement (1855-1985, bulk 1966-1968).
Scope and Contents of the Series This series contains photographs Martin Luther King, Jr., members of his family, a few civil rights leaders, celebrities, and those received in his correspondence. Most of the photographs are black and white prints with a few in color and one hand-colored print. There are depictions of King receiving his Doctorate of Divinity from Boston University in 1959, surrounded by books in his study at 563 Johnson Avenue, at the 1964 World’s...
Dates: 1955-1968, undated
Scope and Contents of the Series The series is comprised of manuscripts (circa 1947-1968) for works written by Martin Luther King, Jr., including sermon material from his time as a student at Boston University as well as his employment as minister for Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in Montgomery, AL, and Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA; speeches written and delivered in his capacity as a leader of the Civil Rights Movement, and president of the Montgomery Improvement Association and Southern Christian Leadership...
Dates: circa 1947-1968
Scope and Contents of the Collection The series is comprised of manuscripts and published works (circa 1946-1969) written by persons, or produced by groups, other than Martin Luther King, Jr., including members of the King family, SCLC staff, and other groups and leaders of the Civil Rights Movement, as well as literary figures. Content of the documents encompasses issues central to the Civil Rights Movement in the United States; Gandhian philosophy and nonviolence; organized labor in the United States; Christian ethics and...
- Subject: African Americans--Georgia--Atlanta X
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Clark College 2
- Hilliard, Asa G., III 2
- Parks, Andrew Walter 2
- Amos, Miles G., 1898-1995 1
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission 1
- Baptist Convention for the State of Georgia 1
- Carter, Leona Florence, 1887- 1
- Chautauqua Circle 1
- Clark Atlanta University 1
- Clark, Isaac R. 1
- Cone, James H. 1
- Costen, James Hutten, 1931-2003 1
- Davage, Matthew Simpson 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, GA) 1
- Flanagan, Thomas Jefferson 1
- Franklin, John Hope 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gammon Theological Seminary 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Greater Atlanta Council on Human Relations 1
- Hall, Anna, E. 1
- Hamilton, Grace Towns, 1907-1992 1
- Jackson, Maynard Holbrook Jr. 1
- Johnsontown Neighborhood (Ga) 1
- King, Martin Luther 1
- Lincoln, C. Eric (Charles Eric) 1
- Lowery, Joseph E. 1
- Mamiya, Lawrence H. 1
- Mays, Benjamin E. (Benjamin Elijah) 1
- McClain, William B. 1
- McKenzie, Mary J. Todd 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- Methodist Church--Central Jursidiction 1
- Methodist Church--Georgia. 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 1
- Missionary Baptist Convention of the State of Georgia 1
- Missionary Baptist Sunday School Convention of Georgia 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Murphy, Josephine H. Dibble 1
- Nash, Homer E. 1
- Newsome, Clarence G. (Clarence Geno) 1
- Office of Mayor, Atlanta, Georgia 1
- Parker, Henrietta White 1
- Paschall, Eliza K. (Eliza King) 1
- Patrick, Dovie Touchstone 1
- Raboteau, Albert J. 1
- Roberts, David 1
- Russell-McCloud, Patricia 1
- San Francisco State University 1
- Silber, John 1
- Taylor, Gardner C. 1
- The History Group Inc. (Ga) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Education 1
- Wallace, Bertie 1
- West, Cornel (Cornel Ronald) 1 ∧ less