Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Box: 1-5
Scope and contents The Matthew S. Davage papers (1936-1982) consist primarily of correspondence, personal papers, and manuscripts for speeches and sermons. The speeches and sermons are exemplary of the writings of Dr. Davage and were possibly delivered in both educational and religious contexts. Much of the documentation is focused on Davage's tenure as the President of Clark College and his involvement with the Board of Education of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Also included are biographical...
Dates: 1936-1982, undated; Majority of material found within 1938 - 1976
Collection — Box: 1-7
Scope and contents This collection documents the work of Major J. Jones, United Methodist Minister, theologian, and President of the Gammon Theological Seminary (Atlanta, Ga.) for the years 1969-1986. The bulk of the material is writings by Jones, including articles, conference papers, lectures and sermons; some materials are related to the administration of Gammon and its parent school, the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC).There is also a large amount of material related to a...
- African American authors 1
- African American clergy 1
- African American scholars 1
- African American universities and colleges 1
- African Americans--Georgia--Atlanta 1
- Davage, Matthew Simpson 1
- Gammon Theological Seminary 1
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jones, Major J. 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1