Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Box: 1-3
Scope and contents This small collection of ephemera provides a glimpse of the involvement in the civil rights movement by students from the Atlanta University Center schools - Atlanta University, Gammon Theological Seminary, and Clark, Morehouse, Morris Brown, and Spelman Colleges. The collection includes newspaper and journal articles, flyers, reports, and correspondence by and about students from the AUC schools and a few items about student activities in other areas in the United States. There are also...
Collection — Box: 1-126, OS 1-16
Scope and contents The Brailsford R. Brazeal papers span the dates 1920-1981 with the bulk of the materials dated 1962-1979. The collection includes writings by Brazeal; office files; photographs; manuscripts by other scholars and Brazeal family members; memorabilia; correspondence to and from Dr. Brazeal, including letters from Morehouse College Presidents and faculty; records of organizations to which Brazeal belonged; research materials; and printed materials.
Series — Box: 1-149
Scope and contents The First and second mayoral terms series documents Jackson’s ascension as the first African American mayor of Atlanta. Arranged in alphabetical order, this series chronicles Jackson’s political life between the years of 1973 and 1981. Notable achievements within this series include the formation of the city council, his efforts towards the revitalization of Atlanta’s neighborhoods, and mandating inclusion of Blacks in the city’s growing economic development. Major business deals Jackson...
Series — Box: 1-60
Scope and Contents The Photograph series contains over 10,000 photographs taken at many local functions during Maynard Jackson's Mayoral Terms - from 1974 to 1982, and again from 1990 to 1994 - as well as photographs of his international travels. The photographs series also contains photographs of Maynard Jackson with many city, state, and federal officials, a number of foreign officials, many local groups, and a number of celebrities and noted individuals. There are groupings of unidentified photographs...
Scope and contents This collection contains printed and published materials created by Spelman Seminary and Spelman College. It includes the catalogs and bulletins, the student published magazine, Campus Mirror, the alumnae magazine, The Spelman Messenger, and a quarterly, Inside Spelman. It also includes other publications such as copies of the yearbook, Reflections, the student handbook, and the student newspaper,...
Collection — Box: 1-4
Scope note The Mary Ann Smith Wilson - Ruby Doris Smith Robinson Collection on Student Activism spans the dates 1948-2008 with the bulk of the material dated 1960-1967. The collection documents both Ruby Doris Smith Robinson's and Mary Ann Smith Wilson's participation in the civil rights movement and the organizations with which they were affiliated. Although the collection documents both sisters activities, the bulk of the collection reflects Ruby Doris Smith Robinson’s activism activities in the civil...
- Names: Spelman College X
- Atlanta (Ga.)-Race relations 2
- Civil rights -- 1960-1970. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Race relations -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- African American women. 1
- African Americans -- Education (Higher) -- Georgia. 1
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Budget 1
- Campaign Funds 1
- Civil rights 1
- Civil rights -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1960-1970. 1
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- History -- 20th century. 1
- College students -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Political activity -- History -- 20th century 1
- Committees 1
- Crime 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Economics -- United States 1
- Economics-Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States 1
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Education -- New York (State) 1
- Employment -- United States 1
- Labor 1
- Labor unions 1
- Legislation 1
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, Washington, D.C., 1963. 1
- Municipal government. 1
- News 1
- Olympics 1
- Poverty 1
- Pullman porters 1
- Race relations -- United States 1
- Racism. 1
- South Carolina--Rock Hill 1
- Victims 1
- Voter Registration 1 ∧ less