Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Scope and contents The Atlanta University Published and Printed Materials are series 27-33 of the Atlanta University Archives. It encompasses approximately 700 volumes in 7 publications, and over 500 other pamphlets, leaflets and brochures. The material dates from 1867 to 1992. Although the holdings are extensive, the only title that contains a complete set of issues is the Atlanta University Publications. The publication chronicles University events through articles,...
Collection — Box: 1-79
Scope and contents The Clarence A. Bacote papers (1886-1990) will provide researchers with an opportunity to look into the activities of a man who was an important leader in the early years of the Civil Rights Movement in Atlanta. Beyond the biographical uses this collection offers is its documentation of the operations of the Civil Rights Movement in Atlanta, and its access to statistical readings of the African American vote in Fulton County elections.Dr. Bacote's papers contain a sizeable...
Collection — Box: 1-188
Scope and contents The James P. Brawley collection spans the years between 1885 and 1985. The bulk of the collection dates from 1916 to 1984. The collection includes records related to Clark College, the Methodist Church, and Rust College. Also included are correspondences, family papers, writings by Brawley, memorabilia, newsclippings and audio/visual materials. Of note are drafts of his two books, his high school "valedictory oration" and photographs to be used in Clark College fundraising brochures. Also of...
Collection — Box: 1-34
Scope and contents The Isaac R. Clark Memorial collection spans the years between 1946 and 1990. The bulk of the collection dates from 1962 to 1989, and documents his twenty-eight year tenure as a professor of homiletics at the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta. These papers include detailed information about his administrative duties including, material regarding his faculty committee work and his time as registrar and director of the summer session at ITC.This collection...
Scope and Contents This collection contains personal materials of James H. Costen, including correspondence, writings and speeches by himself and others, collected programs, photographs, and audio recordings of Costen interviewing administration and members of the Presbyterian Church.A bulk of the materials lie in the ITC administration files. These files were transferred to the archives after Costen retired, and not only contain correspondence and administration and development materials based on...
Collection — Box: 1-5
Scope and contents The Matthew S. Davage papers (1936-1982) consist primarily of correspondence, personal papers, and manuscripts for speeches and sermons. The speeches and sermons are exemplary of the writings of Dr. Davage and were possibly delivered in both educational and religious contexts. Much of the documentation is focused on Davage's tenure as the President of Clark College and his involvement with the Board of Education of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Also included are biographical...
Collection — Box: 1-309
Scope and contents The richness of the Vivian Wilson Henderson Papers reflect the multifaceted service of a man committed to uplifting human races, particularly that of his own.Dr. Henderson, could deliver so decisive an economic strategy, ranging from inner group religious understanding to illustrating the parasitic nature of racism on national interest, that his expertise was sought instantly. The papers personify Vivian Henderson's commitment to these as well as the quiet leadership he...
Collection — Box: 1-246
Scope and contents The Asa G. Hilliard, III papers spans the years between 1933 and 2007. The bulk of the collection dates from 1971 to 2007. The collection includes organizational files from organizations of which Hilliard was a member, subject files on topics of interest, records from his work at both San Francisco State University and Georgia State University, files related to his speaking engagements, photographs and videos, and manuscripts of articles, books, speeches and reports. The collection also...
Collection — Box: 1-12
Scope and Contents note The Martin Luther King, Jr. Fellows, Inc. Collection consists of correspondence, minutes, curriculum materials, financial documents, reports, photographs, printed publications, memorabilia, and media.The bulk of the collection dates from 1972-1975, with some material dating up to the present. This collection gives insight into the many facets of the Black Church and Black Religious Studies. Some of the significant correspondents with Henry H. Mitchell (director of the M.L.K....
- Subject: African American scholars X
- Clark College 3
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta University 2
- Hilliard, Asa G., III 2
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 2
- Methodist Church--Central Jursidiction 2
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 2
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Education 2
- Association for the Study of Afro-American Life and History 1
- Atlanta University Center, Robert W. Woodruff Library 1
- Bacote, Clarence A., 1906-1981 1
- Brawley, James P. 1
- Clark Atlanta University 1
- Clark, Isaac R. 1
- Colgate Rochester Divinity School, Bexley Hall, Crozer Theological Seminary 1
- Cone, James H. 1
- Costen, James Hutten, 1931-2003 1
- Crozer Theological Seminary 1
- Davage, Matthew Simpson 1
- Democratic Party (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- DuBois, W.E.B. (William Edward Burghardt), a. 1
- Franklin, John Hope 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Green, Alan 1
- Hicks, H. Beecher 1
- Johnson Publishing Company (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Joseph, James A. (James Alfred) 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929 1
- Lincoln, C. Eric (Charles Eric) 1
- Mamiya, Lawrence H. 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Fellows Corporation 1
- McClain, William B. 1
- Methodist Church--Georgia. 1
- Mitchell, Henry H. 1
- National Conference of Black Political Scientists 1
- National Office for Black Catholics 1
- Newsome, Clarence G. (Clarence Geno) 1
- Pacala, Leon 1
- Raboteau, Albert J. 1
- Russell-McCloud, Patricia 1
- San Francisco State University 1
- Silber, John 1
- Society for the Study of Black Religion 1
- Southern Historical Association 1
- Taylor, Gardner C. 1
- United Negro College Fund 1
- West, Cornel (Cornel Ronald) 1 ∧ less