Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 28
Collection — Box: 1-2
Scope and contents This collection consists of records generated by Eliza Paschall and the Atlanta Community Relations Commission during her year as Executive Director of the ACRC. The bulk of the collection is research materials gathered by Paschall and the ACRA to support their work in the community. The files contain reports and statistics that document such things as employment discrimination, police action in the Dixie Hills Riots, and desegregation efforts in the public schools. Of special interest are...
Collection — Box: 1-11
Scope and contents The Chautauqua Circle collection spans the years between 1913 and 2010. The bulk of the collection dates from the late 1970s to the early 1990s. The collection includes materials related to the anniversary celebrations, committees, events and meetings. It also contains correspondence, directories, financial records, member and speaker information, and year books. There are also folders relating to the subjects they research and general information about the Circle itself.
Collection — Box: 1-34
Scope and contents The Isaac R. Clark Memorial collection spans the years between 1946 and 1990. The bulk of the collection dates from 1962 to 1989, and documents his twenty-eight year tenure as a professor of homiletics at the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta. These papers include detailed information about his administrative duties including, material regarding his faculty committee work and his time as registrar and director of the summer session at ITC.This collection...
Scope and Contents This collection contains personal materials of James H. Costen, including correspondence, writings and speeches by himself and others, collected programs, photographs, and audio recordings of Costen interviewing administration and members of the Presbyterian Church.A bulk of the materials lie in the ITC administration files. These files were transferred to the archives after Costen retired, and not only contain correspondence and administration and development materials based on...
Collection — Box: 1-5
Scope and contents The Matthew S. Davage papers (1936-1982) consist primarily of correspondence, personal papers, and manuscripts for speeches and sermons. The speeches and sermons are exemplary of the writings of Dr. Davage and were possibly delivered in both educational and religious contexts. Much of the documentation is focused on Davage's tenure as the President of Clark College and his involvement with the Board of Education of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Also included are biographical...
Collection — Box: 1-4
Scope and contents The collection has one series that is arranged chronologically covering sporadic years from 1867-1999. The bulk of the collection is dated 1982-1993. The majority of the collection is comprised of programs from worship services. Also, there are programs for funeral services, events and church anniversaries; a few annual and financial reports; and correspondence, memoranda, agendas and minutes from committee meetings. Most notable in the collection is a bound volume entitled "Records of the...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and contents The Grace Towns Hamilton papers consist of materials related to the life and career of Grace Towns Hamilton. The collections dates from 1900 to 1992 with the bulk of the materials dating from 1950 to 1985. It includes personal papers, correspondence, biographical materials, and items related to her parents, Nellie McNair Towns and George A. Towns. It also contains personal memorabilia, such as certificates and honorary degrees. A large portion of the collection is made up of...
Collection — Box: 1-4
Scope and Contents The Anna E. Hall collection (boxes 1 through 3) spans the years of 1896 through 1964. The materials within the collection describe the life and work of this Methodist Deaconess from Georgia. They include Hall's personal diaries describing daily life, including her missionary work in Garraway, Liberia, West Africa. An early journal of John M.L. Harrow describes the tough existence of early missionary life in 1890s Africa. Also of interest are articles, photographs, images and publications...
Collection — Box: 1-246
Scope and contents The Asa G. Hilliard, III papers spans the years between 1933 and 2007. The bulk of the collection dates from 1971 to 2007. The collection includes organizational files from organizations of which Hilliard was a member, subject files on topics of interest, records from his work at both San Francisco State University and Georgia State University, files related to his speaking engagements, photographs and videos, and manuscripts of articles, books, speeches and reports. The collection also...
Scope and content note This collection contains photographs and audio recordings dating from the 1880s to the 1980s, with the bulk of materials from the middle 20th century. The photographs are arranged into three series by organization, and nine subseries where appropriate including: Buildings and grounds, Campus life, Departments, Events, Faculty and Staff, Groups and organizations, Identified groups, Unidentified groups, Identified individuals, Unidentified individuals, Class composites, and Photo albums. The...
- Subject: African Americans--Georgia--Atlanta X
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Clark College 2
- Hilliard, Asa G., III 2
- Parks, Andrew Walter 2
- Amos, Miles G., 1898-1995 1
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission 1
- Baptist Convention for the State of Georgia 1
- Carter, Leona Florence, 1887- 1
- Chautauqua Circle 1
- Clark Atlanta University 1
- Clark, Isaac R. 1
- Cone, James H. 1
- Costen, James Hutten, 1931-2003 1
- Davage, Matthew Simpson 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, GA) 1
- Flanagan, Thomas Jefferson 1
- Franklin, John Hope 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gammon Theological Seminary 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Greater Atlanta Council on Human Relations 1
- Hall, Anna, E. 1
- Hamilton, Grace Towns, 1907-1992 1
- Jackson, Maynard Holbrook Jr. 1
- Johnsontown Neighborhood (Ga) 1
- King, Martin Luther 1
- Lincoln, C. Eric (Charles Eric) 1
- Lowery, Joseph E. 1
- Mamiya, Lawrence H. 1
- Mays, Benjamin E. (Benjamin Elijah) 1
- McClain, William B. 1
- McKenzie, Mary J. Todd 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- Methodist Church--Central Jursidiction 1
- Methodist Church--Georgia. 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 1
- Missionary Baptist Convention of the State of Georgia 1
- Missionary Baptist Sunday School Convention of Georgia 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Murphy, Josephine H. Dibble 1
- Nash, Homer E. 1
- Newsome, Clarence G. (Clarence Geno) 1
- Office of Mayor, Atlanta, Georgia 1
- Parker, Henrietta White 1
- Paschall, Eliza K. (Eliza King) 1
- Patrick, Dovie Touchstone 1
- Raboteau, Albert J. 1
- Roberts, David 1
- Russell-McCloud, Patricia 1
- San Francisco State University 1
- Silber, John 1
- Taylor, Gardner C. 1
- The History Group Inc. (Ga) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Education 1
- Wallace, Bertie 1
- West, Cornel (Cornel Ronald) 1 ∧ less