Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection — Box: 1-9
Scope and Content The Atlanta-Rome District CME Church Collection spans the dates 1910-2011. Materials include programs from worship services, funerals, events and church anniversaries; church histories; minutes from national and district annual conferences; and photographs.
Collection — Box: 1-5
Scope and contents The Matthew S. Davage papers (1936-1982) consist primarily of correspondence, personal papers, and manuscripts for speeches and sermons. The speeches and sermons are exemplary of the writings of Dr. Davage and were possibly delivered in both educational and religious contexts. Much of the documentation is focused on Davage's tenure as the President of Clark College and his involvement with the Board of Education of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Also included are biographical...
Collection — Box: 1-4
Scope and contents The collection has one series that is arranged chronologically covering sporadic years from 1867-1999. The bulk of the collection is dated 1982-1993. The majority of the collection is comprised of programs from worship services. Also, there are programs for funeral services, events and church anniversaries; a few annual and financial reports; and correspondence, memoranda, agendas and minutes from committee meetings. Most notable in the collection is a bound volume entitled "Records of the...
Collection — Box: 1-43
Scope and contents This collection contains the minutes of the meetings of Baptist Conventions across the state of Georgia.
Collection — Box: 1-3
Scope and contents This small collection provides documentation about some of the organizations with which Mr. Parks was affiliated and reveals some insight into African American community life in Atlanta during the period 1925-1973. The collection includes reports, programs, minutes, by-laws, funeral programs, news articles, and newsletters. There are small amounts materials about the Ashby Grove and Camilla Street Community Club, the Lincoln Golf and Country Club, and the Shoe Service Men of Georgia. The...
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) -- Church History X
- Baptist Convention for the State of Georgia 1
- Clark College 1
- Davage, Matthew Simpson 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, GA) 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hollowell, Donald L. 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- Methodist Church--Central Jursidiction 1
- Methodist Church--Georgia. 1
- Missionary Baptist Convention of the State of Georgia 1
- Missionary Baptist Sunday School Convention of Georgia 1
- Parks, Andrew Walter 1
- Patrick, Dovie Touchstone 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Education 1
- Whelchel, L.H. (Love Henry) 1 ∧ less