Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Box: 1-188
Scope and contents The James P. Brawley collection spans the years between 1885 and 1985. The bulk of the collection dates from 1916 to 1984. The collection includes records related to Clark College, the Methodist Church, and Rust College. Also included are correspondences, family papers, writings by Brawley, memorabilia, newsclippings and audio/visual materials. Of note are drafts of his two books, his high school "valedictory oration" and photographs to be used in Clark College fundraising brochures. Also of...
Collection — Box: 1-415
Scope and contents The C. Eric Lincoln collection (1909-2000) documents the life's work of the leading scholar on the Black Church and Black Religion in the United States. As a sociologist of religion, Dr. Lincoln is the co-author of the definitive study on the Black Church in America, a massive fourteen year inquiry into the most important institution in the African American community. Dr. Lincoln's career,. however, was not exclusively devoted to writing about the Black Church. In 1961, his doctoral...
Collection — Box: 1-9
Scope and contents This collection contains speeches, programs, flyers and posters related to the C. Eric Lincoln Lecture Series hosted by Clark Atlanta University.
Collection — Box: 1-43
Scope and contents This collection contains the minutes of the meetings of Baptist Conventions across the state of Georgia.
Collection — Box: 1-3
Scope and contents This small collection provides documentation about some of the organizations with which Mr. Parks was affiliated and reveals some insight into African American community life in Atlanta during the period 1925-1973. The collection includes reports, programs, minutes, by-laws, funeral programs, news articles, and newsletters. There are small amounts materials about the Ashby Grove and Camilla Street Community Club, the Lincoln Golf and Country Club, and the Shoe Service Men of Georgia. The...
Collection — Box: 1-59
Scope note The collection dates span the years from 1881 and 1990. The bulk of the collection dates from 1960 to 1983, and documents Sewell’s career as a professor, pastor, and author. The George A. Sewell papers include materials related to the African Methodist Episcopal Church and his time as pastor and minister in multiple congregations, his time as educator at Morris Brown College, the Interdenominational Theological Center, and Alcorn A. M. College (Alcorn State University), and his work as an...
- Subject: Black churches X
- Clark College 2
- Atlanta University Center, Robert W. Woodruff Library 1
- Baptist Convention for the State of Georgia 1
- Brawley, James P. 1
- Clark Atlanta University 1
- Cone, James H. 1
- Franklin, John Hope 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hilliard, Asa G., III 1
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Lincoln, C. Eric (Charles Eric) 1
- Mamiya, Lawrence H. 1
- McClain, William B. 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- Methodist Church--Central Jursidiction 1
- Missionary Baptist Convention of the State of Georgia 1
- Missionary Baptist Sunday School Convention of Georgia 1
- Morris Brown College 1
- Newsome, Clarence G. (Clarence Geno) 1
- Parks, Andrew Walter 1
- Raboteau, Albert J. 1
- Russell-McCloud, Patricia 1
- Sewell, George Alexander 1
- Silber, John 1
- Taylor, Gardner C. 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Education 1
- United Negro College Fund 1
- West, Cornel (Cornel Ronald) 1 ∧ less