Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr. Collection: Series 12: Printed Materials
Scope and Contents of the Collection
The series consists of magazines, journals, newspapers, pamphlets, brochures, event programs, newsletters, press releases, newspaper clippings and various ephemera, primarily related to Martin Luther King, Jr. and his work as a leader in the Civil Rights Movement (1855-1985, bulk 1966-1968).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Restrictions on Access
Access is restricted to digital surrogates available in the Archives and Special Collections Department of the Robert W. Woodruff Library.
Restrictions on Use
All documents in this collection either are protected by copyright or are the property Morehouse College, and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. Permission to consult the Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr. Collection does not automatically include permission to publish from the Collection. Permission to publish or quote from previously unpublished materials or from materials under copyright must first be obtained from the copyright holder. Requests for permission to publish any of Dr. King’s copyrighted speeches, sermons, books or other writings, in whole or in part, shall be addressed to Intellectual Properties Management, Inc., 449 Auburn Ave., Atlanta, Georgia, 30312.
8.5 Linear feet
Arrangement of the Series
This series is arranged into 6 subseries: 1. Serials; 2. Pamphlets; 3. Programs; 4. Newsletters and press releases; 5. Newspaper clippings; 6. Ephemera.
- African Americans--Civil rights
- African Americans--Georgia--Atlanta
- Alabama -- Birmingham
- Fellowship of Reconciliation (U.S.)
- Florida -- Tallahassee
- Highlander Folk School (Monteagle, Tenn.)
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
- Nobel Prizes
- Nobel prize winners.
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- Southern Regional Council
- Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr., Collection
- Series 12: Printed Materials
- Finding aid prepared by Courtney Chartier
- 2009 May
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center, Inc. Repository