Buildings and grounds
Scope and content note
This collection contains photographs and audio recordings dating from the 1880s to the 1980s, with the bulk of materials from the middle 20th century. The photographs are arranged into three series by organization, and nine subseries where appropriate including: Buildings and grounds, Campus life, Departments, Events, Faculty and Staff, Groups and organizations, Identified groups, Unidentified groups, Identified individuals, Unidentified individuals, Class composites, and Photo albums. The photographs consist mostly of students, alumni, faculty, administrative officers, campus events, and buildings of the Interdenominational Theological Center and it’s affiliates.
The Interdenominational Theological Center Audio Recordings contain 61 recordings spanning the years 1943 to 1969. The bulk of the recordings capture sermons and presentations given to ITC students during the 1960s. Among the speakers are prominent ITC faculty and staff, including Harry V. Richardson and Charles Copher; clergy from other religious institutions, including Rabbi Jacob Rothschild and Bishop Edgar Amos Love; as well as students and other visiting dignitaries. Topics covered include preaching, church administration, Christian history, and theology.
The Interdenominational Theological Center Audio Visual collection was processed, digitized, and made available online through the support of several grant-funded projects including the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and LYRASIS HBCU Preservation Project - Rounds II and III, and the National Endowment for Humanities "Spreading the Word": Expanding Access to African American Religious Archival Collections at the Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library project.
From the Collection: 11.4 Linear feet
Language of Materials
Part of the AUC Institutional Records Repository