Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and contents This collection contains approximately 6000 photographs dating from 1858 to 1995, although the bulk of the material falls between 1905 and 1968. This collection is part of the Atlanta University Archives beginning with series 20 through 26. The material is arranged in seven series: Portraits, Events, Buildings and Grounds, Schools and Special Activities, Groups, Photo Album, and Oversized Photographs. The photographs consist of mostly students, alumni, faculty, administrative officers, campus...
Scope and contents The Atlanta University Published and Printed Materials are series 27-33 of the Atlanta University Archives. It encompasses approximately 700 volumes in 7 publications, and over 500 other pamphlets, leaflets and brochures. The material dates from 1867 to 1992. Although the holdings are extensive, the only title that contains a complete set of issues is the Atlanta University Publications. The publication chronicles University events through articles,...
Collection — Box: 1-10
Scope and contents This collection consists of the papers of George Alexander Towns from 1851 to 1963. It includes correspondence, literary works, diaries, photographs, and publications. The bulk of the materials pertain to Towns' association with Atlanta University (AU) both as a student and faculty member. The earliest materials concern Lucy Elizabeth (Merriam) Case, a favorite teacher of Towns at AU, and include her biography which tells of the beginning of the school and a few of its students. ...
- Names: DuBois, W.E.B. (William Edward Burghardt), a. X
- African American universities and colleges 2
- African American Pentecostals 1
- African American authors 1
- African American educators 1
- African American librarians 1
- African American scholars 1
- African American sociologists 1
- African Americans--Civil rights 1
- African Americans--Social conditions 1 ∧ less
- Adams, Myron W. (Myron Winslow), 1860-1939 1
- Bumstead, Horace, 1841-1919 1
- Case, Lucy Elizabeth 1
- Clement, Rufus E. 1
- Crogman, W.H. (William Henry) 1