Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Box: 1-34
Scope and contents The Isaac R. Clark Memorial collection spans the years between 1946 and 1990. The bulk of the collection dates from 1962 to 1989, and documents his twenty-eight year tenure as a professor of homiletics at the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta. These papers include detailed information about his administrative duties including, material regarding his faculty committee work and his time as registrar and director of the summer session at ITC.This collection offers...
Dates: 1946-1990; Majority of material found within 1960-1989
Scope and contents This collection contains personal materials of James H. Costen, including correspondence, writings and speeches by himself and others, collected programs, photographs, and audio recordings of Costen interviewing administration and members of the Presbyterian Church.A bulk of the materials lie in the ITC administration files. These files were transferred to the archives after Costen retired, and not only contain correspondence and administration and development materials based on...
Collection — Box: 1-7
Scope and contents This collection documents the work of Major J. Jones, United Methodist Minister, theologian, and President of the Gammon Theological Seminary (Atlanta, Ga.) for the years 1969-1986. The bulk of the material is writings by Jones, including articles, conference papers, lectures and sermons; some materials are related to the administration of Gammon and its parent school, the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC).There is also a large amount of material related to a...
Collection — Box: 1-59
Scope note The collection dates span the years from 1881 and 1990. The bulk of the collection dates from 1960 to 1983, and documents Sewell’s career as a professor, pastor, and author. The George A. Sewell papers include materials related to the African Methodist Episcopal Church and his time as pastor and minister in multiple congregations, his time as educator at Morris Brown College, the Interdenominational Theological Center, and Alcorn A.& M. College (Alcorn State University), and his work as...
Dates: 1881-1990; Majority of material found within 1960-1983
Collection — Box: 1-4
Scope and Contents The Society for the Study of Black Religion collection spans the years between 1977 and 1985. The collection contains annual meeting programs, as well as audiovisual materials comprised of audiotapes and videotapes featuring addresses, presentations, lectures, and workshops from the Society for the Study of Black Religion annual meetings and convocations.
Collection — Box: 1-33
Scope and content The Samuel W. Williams papers contain vital documents and information on one of Atlanta's most prominent clergymen of the 1960's. Among the material contained in this collection are Williams' sermons he delivered while pastor of Friendship Baptist Church, and other materials that document the church's history, such as budgets, correspondence, pamphlets, and bulletins. Approximately one-third of the materials in this collection centers around Williams' academic career both as a...
- African American scholars 3
- African Americans--Religion 3
- African American authors 2
- African American educators 2
- African Americans--Georgia--Atlanta 2
- African Methodist Episcopal Church 2
- African American Presbyterians 1
- African American clergy 1
- African Americans--Civil rights 1
- Race relations 1 ∧ less
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission 1
- Clark College 1
- Clark, Isaac R. 1
- Costen, James Hutten, 1931-2003 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gammon Theological Seminary 1
- Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary 1
- Jones, Major J. 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Morris Brown College 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- Sewell, George Alexander 1
- Society for the Study of Black Religion 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.)--Clergy 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.)--History 1
- Williams, Samuel W. 1 ∧ less